Share | 

Colonies - (Redux)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TattooMan
Level 6
Level 6

PostSubject: Colonies - (Redux)   Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:18 am

I know it's been awhile since I last posted in this section...In fact, I deleted the last post (As Promised - Colonies). Reason....It was inaccurate, and since it was my post, I'd post a re-do on the same subject.

The first thing you need to colonize a new planet is...A COLONY SHIP.

POSITIONING:

The best location in a System to colonize a planet is between positions #4 - #6. This will give you a better chance of getting a planet with a high amount of fields on which to build on. With that said, you may also want to colonize in one of the other positions. Although, this will probably give you a much smaller planet, it will in fact have some pros and cons. If you decide to colonize in positions #1 - #3, you will receive the benefit of having a better return on your solar power. The con - Lower Deuterium production. On the other hand, if you decide to colonize a planet further away (#10 - 15), you will increase Deuterium production, but at the same time, lowering the effectiveness of your solar energy.

GALAXIES:

Here is the part where I was wrong in the last post.

It is probably a good idea to put 1 or 2 planets in each Galaxy. It allows you to be more flexible as far as Raiding and for the Turtles and Miners, your resources will be spread out, instead of being in a concentrated area of the Universe which would allow you to be farmed more effectively by an opponent.

OTHER INFO:

Never take resources with you in the colony ship. You will end up losing it when you reach the planet you wish to colonize. Send the Colony Ship out...THEN, once your colony has been established, send out your cargoes with the resources you want to use on the new planet.

Never Colonize more than 2-3 planets in the same system. The only reason anyone would want even THAT many planets so close together is, Resources. This allows your homeworld to build up more quickly by producing resources on a nearby planet and quickly transporting them. There is nothing wrong with that in the short term and should only be Temporary. How temporary is up to you...

That's all I have on Colonies and Invite any additional input on this subject...as with all of them. Every little bit of information is helpful. Thanks...

~TattooMan~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Silent Killer
Level 6
Level 6

PostSubject: Re: Colonies - (Redux)   Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:47 am

you are right evreybit of info is useful thank you tattoman
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Colonies - (Redux)
Page 1 of 1