Share | 

120ma : About My Self

Go down 
AuthorMessage
120ma
Private
Private

PostSubject: 120ma : About My Self   Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:55 pm

My name is Matthew and I live in west Yorkshire. I Go to school at Ilkley Grammar. However I not for Yorkshire. My Father is from London and my mum is from Taiwan, a small Island of the cost of China (they want to be independent, but China has missiles pointing at them). I lived I Taiwan For 14 years. I only moved to England recently. I have played Ogame before bur someone stole my account.
I like to play Basket ball and foot ball. Some tomes I play on my X-Box and other times on the computer. I have a very interesting life and I have to keep it that way. lol!

Jan-26-2009
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TattooMan
Level 6
Level 6

PostSubject: Re: 120ma : About My Self   Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:59 pm

Welcome to the Forum....and to ZGM. We are happy to have you. If you have any questions, please ask.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iceman
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: 120ma : About My Self   Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:47 pm

welcome 120ma.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brutius

PostSubject: Re: 120ma : About My Self   Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:10 pm

Gong Xi Fa Chai

welcome matthew nice to have you here if need anything just msg me Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Muffin Man
Level 7
Level 7

PostSubject: Re: 120ma : About My Self   Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:13 am

Welcome,

What does gong xi fa chai mean?

Also do you have your own language, like Taiwanese or do you speak Chinese or Japanese?

Or do they all just speak British... the thoughts of most arogant british person... If i learnt English why cant everyone tongue ...

Yes The Muffin Man
Who lives at drury lane?
Yes THE MUFFIN MAN!!!
nope

P.S click this link if you like me! http://s12.gladiatus.com/game/c.php?uid=92077

Its not a virus, but works as a friend count tongue
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.devonjudocentres.co.uk/
TattooMan
Level 6
Level 6

PostSubject: Re: 120ma : About My Self   Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:26 am

LOL...Muffin Man......

Believe it or not, English is the Second hardest language to learn next to Chinese. Since most other Western languages are derived from Latin, including English, English is one of the very few languages that use words that have more than one meaning. Additionally, English also has a multitude of words than have the same meaning. Most other languages do not have that problem, be it Russian (Cyrillic), Arabic, Hebrew, Latin...etc.

Sorry, for the Social Sciences lesson..... lol!

~TattooMan~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brutius

PostSubject: Re: 120ma : About My Self   Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:41 am

giong xi fa chai is along the lines of happy new lunar year as the 26th is the new lunar year in china etc
Back to top Go down
View user profile
120ma
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: 120ma : About My Self   Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:00 pm

Gong Xi Fa Chai means hope u will be rich. But I translated it really means congratulations hope u will be rich.
In Taiwan they speak Taiwanese and speak Chinese. they r also trying to learn English.
I only know English, Chinese and a bit of Taiwanese.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hellcat92
Level 7
Level 7

PostSubject: Re: 120ma : About My Self   Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:09 am

TattooMan wrote:
LOL...Muffin Man......

Believe it or not, English is the Second hardest language to learn next to Chinese. Since most other Western languages are derived from Latin, including English, English is one of the very few languages that use words that have more than one meaning. Additionally, English also has a multitude of words than have the same meaning. Most other languages do not have that problem, be it Russian (Cyrillic), Arabic, Hebrew, Latin...etc.

~TattooMan~

Incorrect Tattooman, English is not a romance language, ie. it does not derive directly from Latin. Much of it is constructed from German, however a lot of it is also French due to the early nobility eg. the Plantagenates (c. 1000 AD - 1400ish) actually being French. This is why you get severla different names for different uses of things, eg. Beef is meat from a cow, Beef deriving from the French "Beeves" and Cow deriving from German, explaining why foreigners (specifically asians Razz) get laughed at when they say they ate cow for lunch instead of beef.

Anyway, just thought you should know that so I can unload some of my stash of useless information upon the world, and also so that you don't go around falsely advertising English to the world :p

View user profile
TattooMan
Level 6
Level 6

PostSubject: Re: 120ma : About My Self   Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:47 pm

I never said DIRECTLY from Latin....Read it again. English is derived from a lot of different languages, and it's THOSE languages that have a Latin base. If you look at MOST of the European languages, you will see uncanny similarities with some of the words. Even some of the Ancient languages that have not been spoken in hundreds, even thousands of years, words can be found in Western languages that have their entomology dating from that time. You will find Latin, German, French, Hispanic, Gaelic, Celtic.....etc, in the English language. This is the point I was making. There is NOT ONE language in this world, where you will find it spoken or even written in the same way it was a thousand years ago. Every language evolves pretty much the same way as the Human Race does.

I'm not here to match wits with you Hellcat...So, the next time you would like to take my comments out of context, by all means, do so. Just be very sure you read the comment correctly before you answer, instead of looking like a rambling idiot!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hellcat92
Level 7
Level 7

PostSubject: Re: 120ma : About My Self   Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:26 am

Before I start this post I'd just like to say that I'm not trying to start a fight or piss anyone off or anything like that.

"Since most other Western languages are derived from Latin, including English, English is one of the very few languages that use words that have more than one meaning." - The way you said this (without mentioning other languages) made it seem as if you were saying that English did derive at least mainly (if not solely) from Latin.

"So, the next time you would like to take my comments out of context, by all means, do so." - If you'll note I didn't actually take your comments out of context, but instead quoted the entirety. I may have only commented on part of the post, but surely that doesn't count as taking it out of context.

"Just be very sure you read the comment correctly before you answer, instead of looking like a rambling idiot!!!!" - Not particularly helpful.

Well, now that that's out of the way shall we simply agree to move and and each be more careful to state things clearly from now on?

View user profile
The Muffin Man
Level 7
Level 7

PostSubject: Re: 120ma : About My Self   Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:53 am

TattooMan wrote:
LOL...Muffin Man......

~TattooMan~

I know it's the second hardest language to learn, I was just saying that most English tourists expect everyone to learn English beacuse they had to. tongue Stupid Brits Very Happy

Yes The Muffin Man
Who lives at drury lane?
Yes THE MUFFIN MAN!!!
nope

P.S click this link if you like me! http://s12.gladiatus.com/game/c.php?uid=92077

Its not a virus, but works as a friend count tongue
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.devonjudocentres.co.uk/
hellcat92
Level 7
Level 7

PostSubject: Re: 120ma : About My Self   Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:36 am

You're not the only ones who speak english :p

If they expect anyone to speak english though, I would strongly advise against going to China. When we were over there my step-mum (who's Chinese) was the only person we met who could speak a word of english, which meant we had to trust her whenever we we're ordering at a restaurant...it's sorta unusual (for us at least :p) when a chicken arrives at the table cut up nicely, only one of those nicely cut pieces is the head...beak and all.

View user profile
TattooMan
Level 6
Level 6

PostSubject: Re: 120ma : About My Self   Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:38 am

LOL.....Muffin Man. I got your point the first time and trust me, Americans are the same way. I'm sure you are familiar with the illegal immigration problem we have here in the states....Need I say more???

Anyway....As far as, Hellcat's response to my original post....I was in one of those moods and it just hit the wrong nerve at the time...I apologize. Although, I should have been more clear about what I was trying to say, I was not. But, my intent was clear. I hope this clears things up between you and I, Hellcat. And like you, I am a treasure trove of useless information. Mostly because I like to watch things like the History Channel, Science channel, and other programs that are information based. I am also killer at playing Trivial Pursuit and I watch Jeopardy from time to time. Drives my Wife crazy that I know most of the answers.....LOL.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joeight
Level 4
Level 4

PostSubject: Re: 120ma : About My Self   Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:47 pm

Hi, im joe, i like pot.

And guitars.

And ogame..

If you need anything. Hollar at me ;D 2:1:1 trade for alliance members
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hellcat92
Level 7
Level 7

PostSubject: Re: 120ma : About My Self   Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:53 am

Lols. Yeah, I completely understand Tattoo, don't take the apology thing too far :p I get like that myself sometimes, someone says something JUUUUST wrong and you suddenly want to break their neck.

Aaaaanyway...

Most of my useless information is from reading, although more of it would be from the history channel etc if my dad hadn't cancelled our Sky connection...he said he only over watched CNN and sorta managed to ignore the ammount of time we spent watching History/Discovery Channel and Nat. Geographic...as well as Cartoon Network of course...nothing worse than missing your daily dose of Scooby Doo...man I miss Sky...

View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 120ma : About My Self   

Back to top Go down

120ma : About My Self
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zero G Marines :: Introduce Yourself-
Jump to: