Welcome to the Zero G Marines alliance. Your last visit was

HomeFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

T_D_E_XF - input???

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Captain No

PostSubject: T_D_E_XF - input???   Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:56 am

if u merge in to my alliance you will create a top ten alliance. come join us and bring all your players. in this time of change it could make a sweeping change!

angle
king of
T_D_E_XF

im sorry but i dont want to give this alliance up for no one or nothing, destroyer founded this alliance and gave it to me to and i would like to get to the top 10 under our own steam no matter how long it will take
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JustinSP
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: T_D_E_XF - input???   Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:48 pm

*Confused*

confused

Level 7
Level 7

PostSubject: Re: T_D_E_XF - input???   Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:52 am

I think I gather what you are on about, and my vote is no, we got this far on (mostly) our own, why can't we carry on that way. The on;y problem I see is if we decline then they could get angry and smash us into n00b protection (if they're as big as they say...)

Yes The Muffin Man
Who lives at drury lane?
Yes THE MUFFIN MAN!!!
nope

P.S click this link if you like me! http://s12.gladiatus.com/game/c.php?uid=92077

Its not a virus, but works as a friend count tongue
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.devonjudocentres.co.uk/
Ghost Planet
Level 5
Level 5

PostSubject: Re: T_D_E_XF - input???   Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:00 pm

I don't think they've specifiaclly aimed this at us as they have posted something similar on the main ogame boards offering a merge with another alliance. And btw if you didn't know T_D_E_XF is the result of 2 alliances that merged, i think it was around when i started playing(about a year).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Caveman

PostSubject: Re: T_D_E_XF - input???   Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:50 pm

why would an alliance combine. scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/cavenem12
Captain No

PostSubject: Re: T_D_E_XF - input???   Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:23 pm

to get their alliance ranked higher
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JustinSP
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: T_D_E_XF - input???   Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:46 pm

I dont think points are everything. I think its more important to have a stable alliance with active members who care (about the game and eachother) . I think right now ZGM is just getting to this point.

Level 6
Level 6

PostSubject: Re: T_D_E_XF - input???   Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:09 pm

I recall a few weeks ago, we were going through a rough time between ZGM and ZGM Wing, because of the absence of members and the Moves to fill in the gaps. I agree with Muffin Man...The answer is a resounding HELL NO!!!! We have all gone through a lot to get back to where we are now. ZGM is now stable. ZGM Wing is stable, and working hard. I see it on the Stats page everyday. We owe it to ourselves and the ones in our command to continue as is...period. We are going to get there on our own S***-shoveling...No Pain, No Glory!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Muffin Man
Level 7
Level 7

PostSubject: Re: T_D_E_XF - input???   Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:08 am

I said what? Cool

Yes The Muffin Man
Who lives at drury lane?
Yes THE MUFFIN MAN!!!
nope

P.S click this link if you like me! http://s12.gladiatus.com/game/c.php?uid=92077

Its not a virus, but works as a friend count tongue
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.devonjudocentres.co.uk/
pazza
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: T_D_E_XF - input???   Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:10 am

The Muffin Man wrote:
I said what? Cool
I think I gather what you are on about, and my vote is no, we got this far on (mostly) our own, why can't we carry on that way. The on;y problem I see is if we decline then they could get angry and smash us into n00b protection (if they're as big as they say...) u said that earlier in the topic
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Captain No

PostSubject: Another request!!   Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:19 am

I exstend the hand of friendship to you. May our alliances be alliys?????

-Founder Willis

input again??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghost Planet
Level 5
Level 5

PostSubject: Re: T_D_E_XF - input???   Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:53 am

Im with everyone else on declining to merge which seems to be unanimous but i think being allies could be good for us. We only have NCAP as allies atm and T_D_E_XF are a strong alliance that doesn't seem to have any negative 'bagage' associated with them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TattooMan
Level 6
Level 6

PostSubject: Re: T_D_E_XF - input???   Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:18 pm

If they are to become allies with ZGM, let's make sure that the alliance is also extended to the Wing. This is the problem that we have with N.C.A.P. and Gen.Virulent. Lets not make the same mistake twice. Although, I resigned my office as Diplomat for ZGM Wing, I feel I can still be of use in this capacity. Let me know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Captain No

PostSubject: Re: T_D_E_XF - input???   Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:11 pm

ok how about i talk to NCAP myself, although in not to good at posting on these forums i can talk to them and see if they can extend it to the wing?? please let me know though are there alot of attacks from NCAP??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TattooMan
Level 6
Level 6

PostSubject: Re: T_D_E_XF - input???   Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:34 pm

I have not had a problem with NCAP personally. But, on a different note, Kennet in the Wing has been having a problem with YKWYK. Specifically, IDaCoolGuy. He has been hitting kennet continuously and needs help so he can build up. As far as I know, and I could be wrong, no one has the capability or range to help Kennet from the Wing. Is there anyone in the Main Alliance that can knock this guys **** in the dirt???..... Spanked To the best of my knowledge, Kennet has tried diplomacy and that has failed. I'm going to ask IDaCoolGuy to back off a little bit so Kennet can build up. Any help in that department would be great and much appreciated. Any questions, get with Kennet or myself. Thanks.

Last edited by JustinSP on Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Watch language please.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ds8895
Level 6
Level 6

PostSubject: Re: T_D_E_XF - input???   Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:07 pm

Mmm, I haven't even come in contact with any NCAP members, although there are some around 20 - 30 systems from me (I still think it is important to maintain ties and stay allies though). On the note of alliances, one ally that may be beneficial is MOB. It would be hard to attain (since they're ranked 9 above us) but if you look at the statistics MOB is another large alliance.

6# WoZ 24
19# MOB 29
22# N.C.A.P. 17
28# ZGM 20
37# YKWYK 16
39# Imperia 18

These are the alliances with a member count that stand out. We really don't have any options with WoZ, and Imperia is pretty far down. YKWYK and MOB are somewhere around our rank. Regardless, the only thing we have in common is a lot of members (from what I can see). Just bringing light to some options.

In regards to Idacoolguy, he is about one galaxy from me. Interestingly enough, Ida is ranked one under me for total points (Haven't checked his fleet/research yet). I've also recently started recolonizing resulting in a lower rank. He's way out of IPM range and I doubt I could spy and fly him from this range. If I were closer I could do something....

If things get really bad (which they won't) I might be able to set up a mobile base over a long period of time and deploy some ships over there. My fleet will probably get phalanxed before I could do anything though.

Also, YKWYK is allied with it's wing and DEATH (ranked ~60). Keep in mind, if we were to enter a war YKWYK's allies are possible enemies as well. Dragging NCAP into everything my strain relations as well...

It's definitely winnable, but the question is if we need to waste our resources on something like that. Players farm other players, this is a fact. No need to start an entire war for farming. I suggest we stick to personal diplomacy or aggression, not a full fledged war as well as maintain relations with NCAP. He'll be fine.

Level 6
Level 6

PostSubject: Re: T_D_E_XF - input???   Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:22 pm

I have already spoken with IDaCoolGuy a few minutes ago and he agreed to TEMPORARILY halt his attacks on Kennet.(using diplomacy). IDa showed compassion and understanding for Kennet. I also requested information from IDa on HOW Kennet keeps making himself a target. I have yet to get a response. I will personally train Kennet on how to build and research and also on the finer points of the game.

If ANY of you have any suggestions, please PM me. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amon Ra
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: T_D_E_XF - input???   Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:42 pm

have you considered asking for an alliance instead?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JustinSP
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: T_D_E_XF - input???   Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:06 pm

We used to have an alliance with MOB until they changed their name i think.

Level 6
Level 6

PostSubject: Re: T_D_E_XF - input???   Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:49 pm

An Alliance with MOB is out of the question...I spoke with Rampage and he told me that Stewie is NOT looking for ANY NAP's or Alliances. Reason...The galaxies are getting very thin. There is hardly anyone to attack, unlike a couple of months ago. And He's right. It's very competitive out there. So, other than our Main Alliance and a couple of "puppy" alliances, WE are on our own.

To add to that sentimentality, I spoke with Dan of YKWYK, The Leader, about a possible alliance. His response was the same as MOB. However, Dan assured me that maybe, some time down the line, an alliance is possible. Mostly because of how I handled the IDaCoolGuy thing with Kennet. And I think, in the future, if we get into discussions with YKWYK about such an alliance or NAP, that I head up those discussions and involve the Main Alliance in the Treaty.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ds8895
Level 6
Level 6

PostSubject: Re: T_D_E_XF - input???   Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:10 pm

Makes sense. And I do see now that there really aren't too many targets. I guess aggressively pursuing other Alliances would be unrealistic. Plus, limiting connections will give us more flexibility in the future. We should hold on to what we have.

Level 6
Level 6

PostSubject: Re: T_D_E_XF - input???   Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:06 am

i see all your points and i understand them but think of the benefits that we will get from merging with NCAP. That may just be my personel opinion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Captain No

PostSubject: Re: T_D_E_XF - input???   Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:02 pm

ok right im confused destroyers gone.....whos my diplomat??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TattooMan
Level 6
Level 6

PostSubject: Re: T_D_E_XF - input???   Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:35 pm

This whole idea of merging with ANY alliance at this point is a BAD idea, and I will give you a couple of reasons....

First...The bigger you are, the bigger the target on your back. You will have any alliance worth their salt conspiring and gunning for you. Especially, those prospective enemies who are big time Fleeters. They will pick off the smaller guys in the alliance first, getting that res and building up an even larger fleet to take down the more experienced players, taking their res, building up yet again and finally, going after the Experts, the big guns.

Second...It is probably best to keep alliances manageable...30-40 members is plenty. Anymore than that, and you might as well make playing OGame a full time job. I'm not sure how many members are in NCAP, but if you figure in both ZGM and the Wing, thats 50 members (give or take). I don't know about you guys, but being an officer in the wing with 29-30 members is a lot of work at times (and I'm not complaining).

Lastly...We owe it to everyone in both of our Alliances to be LOYAL to them. I think that many of the members may leave if there is a merger. The only merger that would probably bode well, is one between ZGM and the Wing. Again, we get back to my first point..."The bigger you are, the bigger the target on your back".

I'm NOT an expert at numbers or even OGame for that matter. But, I am VERY good at strategy. Have been ALL my life. I hope you will consider my points in this matter. I know I don't have a lot of say in ANY of these matters, considering my position within this Alliance. But, I have put a lot of work into it, and I put a lot of faith in our members. I hope you will consider that as well.

Thanks...

TattooMan
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Unstoppable
Level 5
Level 5

PostSubject: Re: T_D_E_XF - input???   Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:49 pm

Quote :
TattooMan

This whole idea of merging with ANY alliance at this point is a BAD idea, and I will give you a couple of reasons....

First...The bigger you are, the bigger the target on your back. You will have any alliance worth their salt conspiring and gunning for you. Especially, those prospective enemies who are big time Fleeters. They will pick off the smaller guys in the alliance first, getting that res and building up an even larger fleet to take down the more experienced players, taking their res, building up yet again and finally, going after the Experts, the big guns.

Second...It is probably best to keep alliances manageable...30-40 members is plenty. Anymore than that, and you might as well make playing OGame a full time job. I'm not sure how many members are in NCAP, but if you figure in both ZGM and the Wing, thats 50 members (give or take). I don't know about you guys, but being an officer in the wing with 29-30 members is a lot of work at times (and I'm not complaining).

Lastly...We owe it to everyone in both of our Alliances to be LOYAL to them. I think that many of the members may leave if there is a merger. The only merger that would probably bode well, is one between ZGM and the Wing. Again, we get back to my first point..."The bigger you are, the bigger the target on your back".

I'm NOT an expert at numbers or even OGame for that matter. But, I am VERY good at strategy. Have been ALL my life. I hope you will consider my points in this matter. I know I don't have a lot of say in ANY of these matters, considering my position within this Alliance. But, I have put a lot of work into it, and I put a lot of faith in our members. I hope you will consider that as well.

Thanks...

TattooMan

Kudos I couldn't have said it any better if I was your position.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: T_D_E_XF - input???   

Back to top Go down

T_D_E_XF - input???
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zero G Marines :: The ZGM Code-
Jump to: