Zero G Marines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zero G Marines

Welcome to the Zero G Marines alliance. Your last visit was Wed Dec 31, 1969

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

You Learn From Your Mistakes

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TattooMan
Level 6
Level 6
TattooMan

You Learn From Your Mistakes Empty
PostSubject: You Learn From Your Mistakes   You Learn From Your Mistakes I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 7:33 pm

Today, 2/3 of my Total Fleet was Crashed. Due to a mistake of arrogance and short-sightedness. While my fleet was on a return from a MAJOR Raid, VOODOO phalanxed my fleet and intercepted. I lost my cool with the attacker and insulted him. (Major No-No). What I realized was I was mad at myself more than I was mad at him. I have a moon at the same planet I launched my attack. After my fleet was almost to the planet I was attacking, I realized I forgot to send the attack from my moon. This would have prevented the crashing of my fleet. I have subsequently apologized to VOODOO and He accepted. If you have a moon, launch ALL of your attacks from it. Below is a link to the thread of the Battle that occurred.

http://board.ogame.org/thread.php?threadid=493534

This post is Probably the most informative, (and embarrassing) one I have posted to this section. I hope you learn from your mistakes. I have. Although I knew to launch my attack from my moon, I forgot that I had actually launched it from my planet. But, because of my greed and the time factor, I allowed the attack to happen HOPING no one has "seen" my fleet. I was wrong and I paid the price. Hence, this message to you all.

Don't get mad at the person attacking you!!! It is the name of the GAME. Instead, learn from it and don't make the same mistake again. Until next time...
Back to top Go down
Watersoftheoasis
Watersoftheoasis

You Learn From Your Mistakes Empty
PostSubject: Re: You Learn From Your Mistakes   You Learn From Your Mistakes I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 4:26 pm

To add several points, if you are being attacked, normally, not being phalanxed, don't get mad at them, or start flaming, or pleading. Simply send a message to them saying that you are indeed online, and politely ask them to withdraw their fleet. This usually will work. If you start flaming them, they're certainly not going to withdraw their fleet, and they are likely to continue attacking you, just to spite you.

Now as phalanx goes, if there is someone who has espionaged you while your fleet is on your planet at one time or another, and they have a moon and continue to espionage that planet, or you are continually phalanxed by someone, don't just give up building fleets. If you really want a fleet, build the fleet and then send it to another planet in your system for safekeeping. There isn't much you can do if a phalanx fleet is sent out against your returning fleet.

For those of you who don't know, a phalanx is something that can be built on a moon, and it can be used on a planet to allow the person using the phalanx to be able to see all fleets leaving or coming to the planet. It's a very useful tool for offense.
Back to top Go down

You Learn From Your Mistakes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zero G Marines :: Ogame Guides-
Jump to: