Zero G Marines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zero G Marines

Welcome to the Zero G Marines alliance. Your last visit was Wed Dec 31, 1969

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Questions.

Go down 
+4
Unstoppable
JustinSP
TattooMan
Brutius
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Brutius
Brutius

Questions. Empty
PostSubject: Questions.   Questions. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 7:56 pm

ok Smile in the last 3 days i have been in ZGM i have gone up 2500 points at least i think im going pretty fast but thats mainly due to raiding every planet i can. Soon i will hit 5k ponts and then the baby sitting starts Sad ok so my questions

What do you guys recommend in ways of cargos currently i have a fleet of 50 small cargo for the speed but i guess i will be moving onto large cargo when it becomes time to raid people with defence.

What is recommended as a decent fleet to raid with against other people with defence on there planet, ok i know defences vary but there must be a decent fleet set up to go for.( i will not be a fleeter just want a small raiding fleet)

What is an average amount of defence i should have on all my planets?
Back to top Go down
TattooMan
Level 6
Level 6
TattooMan

Questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions.   Questions. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 10:01 pm

Ok....There are NO absolutes when it comes to what you SHOULD have. But, in my opinion a decent raiding fleet should be as follows:

20 - 30 Large Cargo
50 - 100 Light Fighters
20 - 40 Heavy Fighters (optional)
20 - 30 Cruisers
10 - 20 Battleships
5 - 10 Bombers

Reason for the Cruisers, Battleships and Bombers is to crack the defenses. Cruisers are also suited to handle any ships like light fighters you may encounter. The Light Fighters are good, but are mainly there to take the fall so you don't lose something of greater value (Fodder). The Heavy Fighters are a little more resilient than the light fighters and will take out the smaller stuff (Rocket Launchers, Light Lasers, Light Fighters). Again, there are no absolutes....But, this is how I broke down MY raiding fleets and it worked.

Now, as far as your defenses....That's going to be tough. I have a lot of defense on my Home World, but it is nowhere near enough for what is out there. I'll give you MY breakdown...85 Plasma Turrets, 100 Gauss Cannons, 100 Ion Cannons, 100 Heavy Lasers, 500 Light Lasers, 900 Rocket Launchers, and BOTH Small & Large Shield Domes. Not to mention, 24 ABM's and 8 IPM's. Even with all this, this defense can be cracked easily by the right players.

The trick to keeping yourself unattractive as a target. It's just that plain and simple. Make sure you Fleet save and take any unused Resources with you. There are no promises that you will not get crashed. I've been Crashed several times. But, I learned from those mistakes. Make sure you read the Ogame Guides section of THIS Forum to find out about the little things that will help you survive in this game.

~TattooMan~
Back to top Go down
JustinSP
Admin
Admin

Questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions.   Questions. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 10:14 pm

since i haz #1 fleet i will answer.......lol....and audie if you come GTFO! loljk

Have at least

50 SC
100-250 LC
No more than 500 LFS (unless you want to get moonshots)
No Heavy Fighters (I personally hate then)
100+ cruisers
50-100 BS
10-50 Bombers
75+ Battlecruisers
60+ Destroyers

always remember to fleetsave!

also what ships and the number of each will bary for whoever you attack depending on what they have
Back to top Go down
https://zgmalliance.forummotion.com
Unstoppable
Level 5
Level 5
Unstoppable

Questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions.   Questions. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 3:01 am

Quote :
sincei haz #1 fleet i will answer.......lol....and audie if you come GTFO! loljk

Tattoman would you slap the hell out of him??

For you Brutius, Tattoman gives a good point if your still a low ranking player.
Its good area to start at.
But I'd recommend not building Bombers.
build more of Cruisers & Battleships.
More of a speed fleet to gain resources faster.
Not everyone will have High defenses.
(well everyone around me) (I IMP the hell out of any turtle)
Later on the Game when you have at least 25,000- 50,000 points I would start building Bombers.
Just becuz of mine lvls etc...

This is how I go N my fleet or would like to go.

300- + Small Cargos
50-100 Largo Cargos
1000- + Light Fighters
500- 1000 Heavy Fighters
100-500 Cruisers
500- + Battleships
500- + Bombers
500- + Battlecruisers
500- + Destroyers
500 - + Recyclers

(Deut is a big pain N the ass )

even as a Big player I find it better to have large amounts of speed ships than a large amount of slow ships.

Small cargos become easily rebuild.
Largos cargos are just fleetsaving stocks
Light Fighters & Heavy Fighters are Fodders & Moon Shots.
Cruisers are for killing ppl with large amounts of Rocket launchers & Large amounts of Light Fighters.
Battleships are tha power speed demons, with large amounts theres no need for Cargos.
Bombers are for cracking Turtles
Battlecruisers are for killing off Large amounts of Battleships.
and
Destroyers are for killing off any ship and defense.

No matter what every ships is important.
If you fleetsave well, then you should do well.
Back to top Go down
TattooMan
Level 6
Level 6
TattooMan

Questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions.   Questions. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 11:59 am

All great points, Audie....But, he didn't want to start fleeting as he stated earlier. He wanted to know the minimum decent raiding fleet. But, I agree with you on the numbers you had posted and I'm working my way to those numbers as you already know. BTW....Now I know why YOU were the Drill Sergeant before me....LOL. I think our management styles are extremely similar. I'm glad you are here in the forum to help out. Thanks...

~TattooMan~
Back to top Go down
JustinSP
Admin
Admin

Questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions.   Questions. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 5:38 pm

*castrates audie with a spork lol*
Back to top Go down
https://zgmalliance.forummotion.com
hellcat92
Level 7
Level 7
hellcat92

Questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions.   Questions. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 6:37 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
The Muffin Man
Level 7
Level 7
The Muffin Man

Questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions.   Questions. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 12:33 pm

Not bieng a fleeter, I can't help there.

However there are two points were i can help...

1. Defence,

Defence is good, but no amount of def will hold everyone out. There is always someone bigger out there ready to smash it. However you still need it to hold of the small players. But the exact amounts are different for each 'area' in the uni you are. as the player size varys. You dont want too much cos someone will take you as a challenge, whether you have res/fleet on the planet or not. and you don't want too little as you will just get raided.

2. Castrating Audie with a spork... tongue
Back to top Go down
http://www.devonjudocentres.co.uk/
Unstoppable
Level 5
Level 5
Unstoppable

Questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions.   Questions. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 4:09 pm

Quote :
JustinSP
Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:38 pm
*castrates audie with a spork lol*

Quote :

The Muffin Man

Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:33 am
2. Castrating Audie with a spork... tongue

*Sends Hundreds of IMPs *
Razz

Once I get out of V-Mode.
Back to top Go down
The Muffin Man
Level 7
Level 7
The Muffin Man

Questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions.   Questions. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 5:06 pm

another problem with that, I'm in V mode as well! tongue EatingCursor
Back to top Go down
http://www.devonjudocentres.co.uk/
ds8895
Level 6
Level 6
ds8895

Questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions.   Questions. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 5:45 pm

In terms of raiding, Small Cargo's are great with other fast ships. Very early on in the game, a typical raiding fleet will look like this:

5 - 10 Large Cargos
30 - 50 Light Fighters
10 - 30 Heavy Fighters
5 - 20 Cruisers

As you advance, a more hardy raiding fleet might look like this:

10 - 30 Large Cargos
100+ Light fighters
75+ Heavy Fighters
50+ Cruisers
25+ Battleships
1+ Bomber (or none at all, they'll slow your fleet down)

Like Tattoman implied, it really depends on your target. You should adjust the raiding fleet to fit your target. If they have a lot of Rocket launchers, use Cruisers. If they have Gauss for your cruisers, move up to Battleships. You might even need to bring in some destroyers/battlecruisers and bombers to take minimal damage.

My raiding fleet looks like this:

50 Large Cargos
40 Battleships
3 Bombers
7 Destroyers
10 Battlecruisers

(Have enough ships for about three waves of this)

I prefer heavy ships that don't take very many losses. If the defense has a lot of big guns or specific fodder, I'll add in around 40 cruisers, 60 Heavy Fighters and 200 Light fighters. Again, it's all up to preference and the type of raid.

---

In terms of defense, I have:

Rocket Launcher (3.100 available)
Light Laser (320 available)
Heavy Laser (110 available)
Gauss Cannon (25 available)
Ion Cannon (65 available)
Plasma Turret (7 available)
Small Shield Dome (1 available)
Large Shield Dome (1 available)
Anti-Ballistic Missiles (16 available)
Interplanetary Missiles (17 available)

A pretty unorthadox arrangement. The typical attacker is going take heavy losses if he uses light fighters, period. The low ABM and plasma count is almost begging for an attack, I need to increase it. Still, my fleet is geared towards heavy ships. Barring a defense bash, my fleet will be ready to deploy to this planet when someone attacks so I can meet their heavy ships with mine.

Again, preference and what you want to defend against. I don't want people to hit me with bombers hiding behind a huge swarm light fighters. Smile
Back to top Go down
Unstoppable
Level 5
Level 5
Unstoppable

Questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions.   Questions. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 11:13 pm

Quote :
Tattoman
BTW....Now I know why YOU were the Drill Sergeant before me....LOL. I think our management styles are extremely similar. I'm glad you are here in the forum to help out. Thanks...

lol
Funny story.
I just asked the spot, & gained it.
I only know so much due to watching everyone else mistakes &
used them as if they were my own, plus I've started in over 5 Universes.
I did have 2 accounts in Uni 10. One I started up 4 my wife, & then Mine.
other accounts were in Ogame.us Uni 4,5. and in Org. 40 but soon deleted account 40.
Right now I'm only playing 3 accounts.

But any who, I didn't know crap when I started being a officer, only the things like fleetsave, & how to start
In a starting universe.

Have to thank the ppl in ZGM that always got crashed and Darth Johnny and Samurai Jack.
for being my teachers tho....
But I'm a fleeter I know these ships inside out. Razz

Look at me now tho.......

Gonna have to rebuild tho... I got her ships destroyed & know she got mine.
(Due to RL Prob's)

Guess were even now..
Back to top Go down
hellcat92
Level 7
Level 7
hellcat92

Questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions.   Questions. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 2:31 am

ds8895 wrote:

As you advance, a more hardy raiding fleet might look like this:

10 - 30 Large Cargos
100+ Light fighters
75+ Heavy Fighters
50+ Cruisers
25+ Battleships
1+ Bomber (or none at all, they'll slow your fleet down)

I'd agree except that I (personally, and feel free to fling poo at me if this is stupid) put a greater emphasis on LFs as you want to protect both your tougher ships and your cargos - no cargos equals no loot. Even with like 150 LFs to 15 or less LCs I will still lose about 5 LCs per raid, so never go in underprepared, always try and loot max res on your first hit, as this reduces the chance of them logging on and moving their res.

If you disagree with me feel free to post Im With Stupid, bearing in mind that I am still an OGame noob :p
Back to top Go down
ds8895
Level 6
Level 6
ds8895

Questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions.   Questions. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 7:01 pm

Haha, again it's up to preference and your target. Assuming you loose five Battleships five large cargos, that fleet will still hold 180,000 + resources. That's pretty decent in my opinion. Your first wave should always be bigger and the other waves gradually get smaller, especially when your cracking defenses. I prefer to IMP my target before I even send out a raiding fleet so I typically encounter little resistance. Obviously as you increase your raiding fleet size, your cargo amount should increase with it. Not using more than 30 LCs with the rest of the fleet being something like 50 Battleships, 100 cruisers and 300 light fighters will simply not work efficiently. You are right, I probably should have put "10 - 30+" as the ship count.

And espionage reports and sims are your friend here. Use them to find out what gets you the most profit with the least amount of losses (in the form of deuterium, ships or even IMPs). Rapidfire and other statistics can dramatically change the outcome of any battle. It really isn't as vital in raids as it is in fleeting, but it's still important.
Back to top Go down
awc
Level 3
Level 3
awc

Questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions.   Questions. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 4:46 pm

i'll fling poo at all of you
i don't use lf or hf at all i have some but i dodn't use them i'm all for my 200cruisers and 100bs it does the trick. and lf are useless for moonshots too youd be better off using 112 bs then 1667 lf this is b/c you can use the bs for raids where as you want to save and protect the lf ie you can't use them

these are my uni 15 stats and the bs count increases everyday
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions.   Questions. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Questions.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zero G Marines :: Introduce Yourself-
Jump to: