Zero G Marines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zero G Marines

Welcome to the Zero G Marines alliance. Your last visit was Wed Dec 31, 1969

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Question about Espionage

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Doddzy
Private
Private
Doddzy

Question about Espionage Empty
PostSubject: Question about Espionage   Question about Espionage I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 3:35 am

Are there any risks when using it and how can I minimise them?
Back to top Go down
The Muffin Man
Level 7
Level 7
The Muffin Man

PostSubject: Re: Question about Espionage   Question about Espionage I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 4:08 am

I have also wandered about the counter espionage thing,

But as far as the other bit goes, I know the higher your esp tech is, the less likely you are to be seen/more information you will get.

But most players don't really worry about it if they have just been esped. Espeacially after 5k points. I used to get esp reports 10-20 times a day, but I only ever got attacked once or twice a week. It is only the smaller players who worry about bieng esped. So just esp away, and remember most times we got your back*.

Also, if the counter esp means they esp you I wouldn't worry as long as your remember to Fleet save and Res save. If you get attacked whilst res saving and fleet saving your either Unlucky, or the other player is just plain nasty tongue .

*obviously if the player is bigger than the wing we may have dificulties tongue Don't think Im joking, they are out there!
Back to top Go down
http://www.devonjudocentres.co.uk/
ds8895
Level 6
Level 6
ds8895

PostSubject: Re: Question about Espionage   Question about Espionage I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 5:23 pm

By adding more espionage probes, you can offset any deficit in espionage technology too get the information you need. The more probes you send however, the greater chances there of are detection and them being destroyed in counter espionage. They'll still send their info if they get destroyed however, it'll just increase the cost of each espionage when your forced to use more and they get counter espied. Also, the more ships are orbiting the planet, the greater the chances of detection to your detriment.
Back to top Go down
JustinSP
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Question about Espionage   Question about Espionage I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 5:53 pm

Espys are cheap so send like 10. You also may see yourself getting spied on over 10 times a day sometimes too. Dont worry about it though because most of the time people are just checking the neighborhood.
Back to top Go down
https://zgmalliance.forummotion.com
joeight
Level 4
Level 4

PostSubject: Re: Question about Espionage   Question about Espionage I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 7:10 pm

Espionage:
Number of probes to see X level of information:
X + (Y * (((your espionage technology) - (your opponent's espionage technology)) ^ 2))
If your espionage technology is higher than your opponent's, then Y is -1. If your opponent's is higher, then Y is 1, and if both are equal, Y is 0.

X = 2 for resources and ships
X = 3 for resources, ships, and defense
X = 5 for resources, ships, defense, and buildings
X = 7 for resources, ships, defense, buildings, and research

You always get resources no matter how many probes you send. If an espionage mission gets counterespionaged, the espionage report is still sent even if the espionaging fleet is destroyed.

Example:
You have espionage technology level 11, your opponent has level 12, and you want to see up to buildings when you espionage your opponent. You would send
5 + (1 * ((11 - 12) ^ 2))
5 + (1 * (1 ^ 2))
= 6 probes to get the wanted information.

Here's how many probes one should send to get up to research based on various differences of enemy espionage technology relative to yours:

* -3 Difference : 1 probe
* -2 Difference : 3 probes
* -1 Difference : 6 probes
* 0 Difference : 7 probes
* +1 Difference : 8 probes
* +2 Difference : 11 probes
* +3 Difference : 16 probes

Also, as you develop your espionage technology, you can find out more about incoming enemy fleets:
Level 2 lets you see how many ships are coming.
Level 4 also displays which types of ships are in the fleet.
Level 8 shows you how many of each ship type are in the fleet as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about Espionage   Question about Espionage I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question about Espionage
Page 1 of 1