Zero G Marines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zero G Marines

Welcome to the Zero G Marines alliance. Your last visit was Wed Dec 31, 1969

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Question:Raiding

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Doddzy
Private
Private
Doddzy

Question:Raiding Empty
PostSubject: Question:Raiding   Question:Raiding I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 9:45 am

Just building mines and upgrading my tech is starting to get getting dull so I want to know what I need to start raiding?
Back to top Go down
joeight
Level 4
Level 4

PostSubject: Re: Question:Raiding   Question:Raiding I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 10:36 am

Usually raiding is done by some faster fleets, I would start off with some cruisers. When you progress you'll start to notice you need some bunker busting material, I'd recommend bombers (they are slow, but kill defense fodder like none other). Don't forget to send your ships with fodder like heavy fights or light fighters, and a colony ship (To prevent rapid fire).

Destroyers are great as a defense fleet. I usually left one of my planters uncovered with destroyers nearby, when people decide they want to attack one of my undefended colonies I'd intercept their fleet with destroyers. (Evil trick Razz). Raiding can be great! But doing it to often can lead to enemies (I've made a lot real quick).
Back to top Go down
TattooMan
Level 6
Level 6
TattooMan

PostSubject: Re: Question:Raiding   Question:Raiding I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 11:54 am

First thing you need for raiding is Cargoes....Small or Large, maybe both. I use both. And like Joe said, Cruisers, Light Fighters and Heavy Fighters.

When you start going after bigger targets, It is probably a good idea to have Battleships and Bombers, along with, Light Fighters and Heavy Fighters. Cruisers are great too, to take out any of the smaller ships and defenses. Large Cargoes are probably best to use at this point. Bombers will take out Defensive shields and most planetary defenses. The Fighters will act mostly as cannon fodder so that you don't lose the more expensive Capital Ships. Battleships will handle defenses and ships pretty effectively.

You might want to use a Combat simulator before you raid ANY target that has Defenses and/or Ships. Use the information that you get from the probes and enter all the info in, as well as, your info and the amount of ships you intend to send on your attack. If your losses are more than you can handle, try entering in more ships to offset the losses. once you are satisfied with the simulation, send your attack as you input it into the sim.

If you have any other questions about raiding, ask anyone in the alliance. Most know how to raid and what you need. Keep in mind, every target is different. So, what types of ships and how many of each, will be different.

~TattooMan~
Back to top Go down
The Muffin Man
Level 7
Level 7
The Muffin Man

PostSubject: Re: Question:Raiding   Question:Raiding I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 1:21 pm

I simulate every fight, even the ones I think I will win, just to make sure. Here is two simulators:

http://drago-sim.com/index.php?lang=english

http://websim.speedsim.net/

I personally use the drago-sim one, but it's purely down to preference. You can find these links on the alliance page as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.devonjudocentres.co.uk/
Doddzy
Private
Private
Doddzy

PostSubject: Re: Question:Raiding   Question:Raiding I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 1:53 pm

Thanks for all your answers and to TattooMan for creating a more detailed guide.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question:Raiding   Question:Raiding I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question:Raiding
Page 1 of 1